First Friday, held the first Friday of every month, is a walkable celebration of the arts, incorporating galleries, shopping and dining in Downtown Canton, alongside lively entertainment at the Centennial Plaza
Dates: Held on the First Friday of each month from 5 to 9:30 PM. (May through October)
Location: Downtown Canton Historic District (map and set up map will be provided)
NOTE: Even if you have participated in the past, you must complete an application for the current year.
- You can register for one month or multiple months. When registering for multiple months you must pay for every month you have registered as one lump sum. If you wish to register for all 6 months but pay for each month as you go, you must reregister every month by the registration deadline.
- Registration deadlines are indicated on the form and fall toward the middle of each month.
- There are no refunds issued for registration fees if you are unable to attend and must cancel.
- A mass email will be sent out each month verifying your registration and payment.
- A map with vendor locations will be emailed out a week prior to each First Friday. Locations for repeat vendors are subject to change based on the layout needs for each month.
- Please note: acceptance of an application is subject to approval by The Downtown Canton Partnership. If an application is denied the fee paid will be refunded.
- For special needs, contact the First Friday Event coordinator at email@example.com.
Vendor Fees are as follows:
- Artist/ Creator / Jewelry Candles / Floral / Etc. – $75
- Packaged Foods / Baked Goods – $75
- Food or Beverage Truck / Trailer / Tent – $125
- Commercial / Business – $250
- Non-Profit- No Charge. Must provide a family friendly activity.
- All spaces are 10×10 ft. No exceptions. Double space lots are available by doubling the fees.
- Vendors must provide their own tents, tables, chairs, and display and stay within their allotted space.
- 25 lb. weights per tent leg required by Canton City Fire Department.
- Electricity is available on a limited basis and not guaranteed. If needed, request below.
- Vendor accepts all risks associated with the use of the vendor space.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MOBILE FOOD VENDORS (TRUCKS, TRAILERS, AND TENTS) AND COTTAGE FOOD VENDORS (PACKAGED FOODS)
- Vendors must comply with all applicable State and Canton City Health Department rules and regulations. (330-489-3231 or cantonhealth.org)
- A copy of your mobile food license must be provided with your application and be sent to Canton City Health Department.
- Packaged Foods/Cottage Foods must be labeled properly according to the regulations provided by the Ohio Department of Agriculture.
- NO ELECTRIC will be available for food vendors. Generators are required.
- Proper fire extinguishers, tested and in working order, are required.
- Vendor must obtain, at its own expense, any licenses or permits and insurances which are required for the operation of its trade or business.
- Vendor must agree to collect and pay all required taxes and sales taxes.
- Event is rain or shine. No transfer of payments. No refunds.
- Non-Profit vendors are required to provide an engaging activity that promotes an accepting and affirming message to all those attending First Friday.
- There will be opportunities for your organization to participate in set-up and clean-up
- An activity may also be assigned to you if needed; contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Vendor applications are subject to approval. If for some reason an application is declined the payment submitted with the application will be refunded.
All vendor applications must be paid electronically upon registration. First Friday is no longer accepting registrants without payment in advance.
Vendor fees submitted with the application are non-refundable past the cut of deadlines for each monthly registration. Exceptions are made in the case of medical emergencies that prevent a vendor from attending.
Vendors can register and pay for multiple months at a time or register and pay month to month. Please keep in mind that registration in various categories will be cut off as spaces fill. For example, we only have space for 15 Mobile Food Vendors (food trucks) each month.
First Friday is no longer accepting Temporary Food Vendors. You must have a current mobile food vending license or be a Cottage Foods Vendor (packaged foods)
2024 Registration Deadlines are:
April 12th for our May event, May 12th for our June event, June 12th for our July event, July 12th for our August event, August 12th for our September event, and September 12th for our October event.
No Mobile Food Vendors are accepted for July. Mobile Food Vendors must register with the Italian American Festival. Please email email@example.com.
The Registration steps are:
- Click the Vendor Application Form button below.
- Fill out the form selecting the month or months you wish to attend.
- Click submit.
- Pay the full amount for the month or months you are registering for. If you are registering for more than one month multiply your fee by the number of months you are registering for and pay that amount. You must pay for all the months you are registering for upfront or you must register month to month.
Mobile Food vendors (Food Trucks) cannot register for months they do not have a valid License for. You must upload a PDF your 2024 License.